Friday, November 15, 2013

I like this

"If your heart is bleeding, make the most of it.
There is heat in freezing. Be a testament."


Motherhood can be really lonely sometimes. You’re pretty much never alone, certainly never ever again in the way you were pre-motherhood. You have a little person with you, needing you, all the time, and in the few moments that little person is not with you they still need you, they are still firmly attached to every one of your thoughts, illuminating the corners of your soul where quiet and dust used to hide. But you’re alone in how much that person needs you. No matter how supportive your partner (and I say this with full recognition of how ridiculously lucky I am to have one as supportive as Adam); no matter how richly empathic your community of friends and family and mother-peers--you are the only you your child has, and that astounding responsibility can be intensely isolating. And I like this video for serving as a reminder to all of us, mothers and others, that that is okay.

Also, I am now officially obsessed with Tanya Davis.





Also: Why do so many things I love beyond reason come from Canada? John Fluevog. Giles Herman. Vasanti Cosmetics. And now Ms. Davis. Canada, can you adopt me?


No comments:

Post a Comment